Join Our Team
Platform Media is a full-service creative design agency. At Platform Media, we offer digital marketing services including; web design, SEO services, Google AdWords, social media promotion and brand creation.
We build quality websites, tailored to reflect brand images, to market products and services. Our business doesn’t end with the creation of websites, we work to effectively market brands, services or products and continue to tweak and steer digital sites and channels in the crowded and often choppy sea that is digital marketing.
We want our people to be self-starters and we will offer full training and guidance, with peers and experienced heads guiding. We consistently invest in new technology and practices to make Platform Media an exciting place to work. We also encourage and provide access to training and new skills.
This role has specific responsibility for the creation of websites for customers of Platform Media. The individual will work primarily doing back-end set up (usually on CMS platforms) and front-end development, seeing a project through from concept to completion. The individual will be working daily with our creative team to deliver a range of exciting upcoming projects.
The individual will be directly reporting to our Senior Web Developer and will be expected to work actively on their own and with tasks assigned to them. There are several key stakeholders in projects within the company, from the customer to marketing & sales, graphic design team and senior management. The individual must engage and communicate effectively with all stakeholders to deliver projects on time and within budget.
The individual will also be expected to:
- work proactively and engage with the process of back-end development
- create a sustainable framework to facilitate all of the customers’ needs for their websites
- engage with the customer each step of the way to tease out each developmental milestone in relation to their content and functionality
- provide quality search engine optimisation (SEO) during the build process, which will require deep knowledge and understanding of the customers business
- provide an optimised website, fully mobile-friendly
- create and submit site maps for Google & other search engines
- maintain and update content on customer websites
- manage Client domains (including Email and other aspects of web Hosting)
- actively engage other team members and work as part of a team in the delivery of all web projects assigned
- work directly with clients or an account manager to deliver projects
- a min. of 1 years work experience in the development of website solutions
- a strong understanding of domain & web hosting management
- strong working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- a strong understanding of Content Management Systems especially WordPress
- previous experience of successfully managing workflow
- experience of creating highly creative and innovative websites
- experience of using SEO tools
- Experience in using optimisation tools
- Experience in site mapping
- Experience in producing high quality and high impact websites
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop & Illustrator)
- A highly focused individual with excellent time management
- Proactive and ready to embrace opportunity and challenge
- Able to work independently and as part of a team and a self-starter
- Able to prioritise effectively and work to tight deadlines
- Customer service focused
- Able to build effective working relationships at all levels internally and externally
- Experience in developing E-commerce websites using WooCommerce
- A strong understanding of Content Management Systems like Umbraco & Kentico