Join Our Team
Graphic Designer Multimedia
Platform Media is a full-service creative design agency. At Platform Media, we offer digital marketing and graphic design services including; web design, SEO services, Google AdWords, social media promotion, brand creation, graphic design for print & digital usage.
We build quality websites and tailored graphics to reflect brand images & to market products and services. Our business doesn’t end with the creation of websites, we work to effectively market brands, services or products and continue to tweak and steer digital sites and channels in the crowded and often choppy sea that is digital marketing.
We want our people to be self-starters and we will offer full training and guidance, with peers and experienced heads guiding. We consistently invest in new technology and practices to make Platform Media an exciting place to work. We also encourage and provide access to training and new skills.
Due to our continued expansion, we are looking to recruit a new person to bolster our existing team.
Graphic designers/artists design graphics for use in media products such as magazines, labels, advertising and signage. Typical activities include:
- liaising with clients to determine their requirements and budget
- managing client proposals from typesetting through to design, print and production
- working with clients, briefing and advising them with regard to design style, format, print production and timescales
- developing concepts, graphics and layouts for product illustrations, print jobs, company logos and websites
- determining size and arrangement of copy and illustrative material, as well as font style and size
- preparing rough drafts of material based on an agreed brief
- reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements if required
- liaising with the printer team on a regular basis to ensure deadlines are met and material is printed to the highest quality.
- Previous experience of successfully working with commercial customers
- Experience in creating highly creative and innovative content and seamlessly blending corporate messages with more innovative content
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite including Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop
- Experience in multi-tasking, working on multiple projects daily
- Level 5 qualification in Graphic Design or multi-media design
- Highly creative and innovative with an in-depth understanding of how to use the software quickly and effectively to create eye-catching designs
- Proactive and ready to embrace opportunity and challenge
- Able to work independently and as part of a team and a self-starter
- Able to prioritise effectively and work to tight deadlines
- Customer service focused
- Able to build effective working relationships at all levels internally and externally
- Degree level qualification in Graphic or Multi-media Design
- Adobe Products training qualification, specifically in Illustrator
- Experience in training and/or advising others on the use of Graphic Design