Join Our Team
Digital Marketing Coordinator
Permanent Full Time Position
Salary Negotiable Depending on Experience
Expiry Date: 22/10/21
We are looking for someone who has a successful track record in leading digital marketing teams, to be based in our Belfast office. As the Digital Marketing coordinator you will be responsible for leading our digital marketing, web & app design, video marketing and social media marketing teams.
The Digital Marketing coordinator will transform our current systems to meet the needs of our internal and external stakeholders who include our workforce, customers and suppliers.
You’ll be someone who is used to providing strategic advice to leadership teams and senior management on digital marketing and you will be expected to contribute to initiatives and development activities at a senior level.
You will be a visible leader and an excellent communicator and people manager, who can support and develop your team.
As the Digital Marketing coordinator your main responsibilities will be:
- Responsibility for online brand management and corporate identity through social media activity and website management.
- Lead resource planning, management, reporting and coordination of projects/initiatives.
- Liaise with Account Managers on a daily basis to build and maintain communication channels with client projects.
- You will lead end-to-end delivery digital projects and implement digital systems, marketing plans and processes.
- Ensure best practices and processes across the entire digital team for the consistent delivery of projects.
- Develop on-going plans for delivering activities and manage any allocated resources to ensure that the team delivers to committed tasks.
- Lead digital planning and the allocation of staffing resources.
- Oversee the financial aspects of the team, including purchasing, budgeting & budget review.
- Research solutions and make recommendations for the improvement of systems and infrastructure. Ensure teams are delivering to a common plan and purpose, and that risks and issues are well-managed.
- Extensive expertise in key digital principles, including person centred design, prototyping and agile delivery in sensitive and complex environments.
- Experience of managing existing teams and creating team identity and culture and setting standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of IT & information governance including GDPR.
- Significant experience working with 3rd party suppliers.
Training and qualifications
- Degree in a related discipline and/or evident experience in a digital marketing role.
Knowledge and experience
- Good knowledge of digital communications, social media and emerging digital platforms.
- Substantial experience and success in managing and delivering large and complex digital projects and effective liaison with suppliers.
- Good knowledge and understanding of content management systems (eg, WordPress).
- Experience of writing/editing and proof-reading digital content.
- Technical understanding of websites.
- Good working knowledge of Google Analytics, AdWords and understanding of the principles of Tag Manager.
- Experience of managing and developing people.
- Experience of developing or commissioning infographics and other forms of data visualisation.
Skills and abilities
- Able to present complex information in an interesting and accessible way, including an understanding of what makes effective multimedia content and data visualisation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent writing, subbing and proofreading skills and understanding of the principles of creating accessible content.
- Able to understand how digital communication works alongside press and marketing campaigns and messaging.
- Proactive and creative.
- Able to work collaboratively and sustain effective working relationships with a diverse range of colleagues, partners and clients.
- Able to organise their own work and time productively.
- Understands the qualities and processes of excellent people management.
- Excited by digital communications and a keen interest in new developments in social and digital.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities.
- Committed to providing a high standard of work and continuous improvement.
- Appreciates the value of diversity.
- Committed to continued learning and supporting the learning of others.
- Willing to accept responsibility, opportunities and leadership appropriate for the role.
- Has a flexible approach to their role and to change.